Edinburgh (from abov-ish!!)

I took the chance on a very rare Saturday afternoon without work to do something fun and my girlfriend & I decided on a trip to the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.

Ive heard a few great reviews about the museum since it was refurbished a couple of years ago and wow- it is impressive. The interior has to be seen to be believed & the exhibits are very well balanced for all levels ( childish minds like mine are very well catered for!)

This blog is not a review for the museum (I will leave that to more wordy/ articulate people online) its just to show a few photographs that I made when we got up to the roof terrace. I had my camera with me but really wasn't in a photo taking mood while walking around the exhibits ( I prefer to look and read and absorb the sights & history). Upon reaching the roof terrace I knew I had to get the camera out and take a few photographs- these are more like snaps than anything else- but there is something about seeing across rooftops and being above a city scape that makes me want to record, snap and take pictures. What got me from up there was the timelessness of the rooftops, if you take the television ariels away you could be an any age of the city?

This blog has been a bit "wordy" for me so below are a few of the photographs that I took yesterday. Please enjoy and as always any feedback is more than appreciated.










There is nothing to say about taking this photo- the little b****r was photobombing my shot and as soon as I took this photo he flew away so all is good!


And I will finish with the only photo I made inside the museum, You really do owe it to yourself to have a visit as its a fantastic day out and you will defiantly learn a few things.

  
John
x